Mondaytech team are doing their best to make sure this year waec candidates come out with flying colours, this year questions are same as that of 2000 question.
Vo=0.40v ; Io=0.60A PJ(cm)| V(v) | I(A) 40.00 | 0.30 | 0.60 50.00 | 0.28 | 0.65 60.00 | 0.25 | 0.67 70.00 | 0.20 | 0.70 80.00 | 0.18 | 0.75
b.) Advantages of Potentiometer over voltmeter.
1. D potentiometer pass no current @ the time current is being taken
2. D potentiometer is more accurate than the voltmeter.
3. D potentiometer does not have the type of error associated with a pointed instrument like d voltmeter.
– I ensured that the key was opened whenever the circuit was not in use so as to avoid the battery being run down;
– I avoided parallax error while taking readings frm both voltmeter and ammeter.
– I ensured tight connections to avoid fluctuation of d current.
Q what is ohm’s law?
ANS Ohm’s law states that the current flowing through a metallic conductor (e.g wire) is directly proportional to the potential difference across its ends,provided that the temperature and other physical conditions of the conductor are kept constant.
Using d Spring balance provided, determine d weight of object of mass M=50g. Record dsweight as W1.
ii.) Determine d weight of d object when completly immersed in water cotained in d beaker, record the weight as W2.
iii.) Determine the weightof the object when it is completely immersed in liquid labelled ‘L’. Record d weight as W3.Evaluate V=(W1-W3) and v=(W1-W2).
iv.) Repeat the procedure with the object of mass M= 10, 15, 20 and 25. In each cases, evaluate V=(W1-W3) and v=(W1-W2).
Plot d graph of ‘V’ on d vertical axis against ‘v’ nn the horizontal axis.
v.) Determine the SLOPE S1 of d graph.
State two 2 precautions to ensure accurate results.
b.) 1. A piece of Brass of mass 200g is hang on asring balance from right support and completely immersed io Kerosene of Density 8.0*10^2kgm-
3. Determine d reading on d Spring balance. (g=10ms-2 density of Brass =8.0*10^3kgm-3)
ii.) State Archimede’s Principle and d law of floatation.
W1(g)|W2(g)|W3(g) 50.0 |44.00 |46.00 100.0|90.00 |90.00 150.0|134.0|140.00 200.0|176.0|180.00 250.0|222.0|220.00
U =W1-W2(g) | V=w1-w3(g) 6.00 | 4.00 10.00 |10.00 16.00 |10.00 24.00 |20.00 30.00 |30.00,,
what is archimedes principle?
archimedes principle states that when a body is totally or partially immersed in a fluid (liquid or gas),it experiences an upthrust which is equal to the weight of fluid displaced.
What is principle of floatation?
It states that an object wil float in a fluid (liquid or gas)when theupthrust exerted upon it by the fluid in which it floats equals the weight of the object.
I avoid the masses being touched the bottom of the flask while immersed
2. I avoid parallax error while taking my readings
3. I avoid oscillations while taking readings