Candidates who have been offered admission into Akwa Ibom State University, AKSU for the 2015/2015 academic session are to note the follow information contained below;
+ JAMB ADMISSION LETTER
Prior to resumption, candidates are required to print their Admission letter from the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) as proof of admission to present during screening as one of the required documents. Candidates yet to acquire theirs are hereby advised to get their admission letter with procedures below;
1. Candidates should purchase a JAMB scratch card for Admission Letter printing from any Jamb office or accredited outlet.
2. Visit JAMB portal www.jamb.org.ng and click on ‘ADMISSION LETTER PRINTING (DE 2015 INCLUSIVE)’ under the 2015 UTME tab.
3. Enter Candidate’s Jamb registration number, scratch card PIN and Serial number and click ‘SUBMIT’ to print (in colour).
+ DOCUMENTS TO PRESENT DURING SCREENING UPON RESUMPTION
With dates for activities slated for the newly admitted student’s first week in the University upon resumption, its pertinent candidates have an insight into documents required for the screening exercise;
1. Original Jamb result Slip.
2. Original SSCE result (WAEC or NECO with not more than two sittings) OR Online print-out for GCE candidates
3. Original Jamb Admission Letter .
4. A minimum of 10 passport photographs
5. Birth Certificate.
6. Certificate Of Local Government of Origin.
7. A Letter of Reference from a person in official authority or position recommending the candidate (must have a
letter heading and duly signed or stamped).
8. Post-utme Slip and/or receipt given during post utme screening.
.>> The University will NOT accept a candidate’s secondary school Testimonial as substitute for any O’Level result certificate.
>> Supplementary/direct entry candidates whose admission was just served are pleaded to exercise patience for their admissions to be uploaded into the Jamb portal. .
>> All above listed documents should be presented all in COLOUR i.e Original copies.
+ ACCEPTANCE FEE PAYMENT FOR SUCCESSFULLY ADMITTED CANDIDATES FOR 2015/2016 SESSION
Candidates who were successfully admitted into Akwa Ibom State University for the FIRST CHOICE AND SUPPLEMENTARY/DIRECT ENTRY SCREENING EXERCISE are hereby notified that payment of Acceptance Fee for the 2015/2016 session.
Below are steps to follow in the payment/registration on the University’ portal for the acceptance fee;
1. Go to http:// portals.aksu.edu.ng to generate Pre-Payment Analysis Slip, by following the steps below:
(a) i. Click the REGISTER NOW link
ii. On the Registration type panel, select STUDENT
iii. On the left menu panel of the student registration page click PAY ACCEPTANCE
iv. Enter jamb number and click VERIFY
v. On the verify details pane click on MAKE PAYMENT in the Payment Status row
vi. Select BANK OPTION to print the payment analysis slip, for bank payment.
* Akwa Savings & Loans Limited
* Sterling Bank Plc
* United Bank for Africa (UBA)
* First City Monument Bank (FCMB)
* Union bank Plc
* Diamond Bank Plc
* Enterprise Bank Plc
* Unity Bank Plc
* Wema Bank Plc
* First Bank of Nigeria Plc
* Zenith Bank Plc
* Ecobank Plc
* GTB Bank Plc
* Skye Bank Plc
* Keystone Bank Plc
* Access Bank Plc
(b) i. After successful bank payment, return to the portal http:// portals.aksu.edu.ng.
ii. Log in to verify your payment status and PRINT the payment slip.
NOTE: Successfully admitted First Choice Candidates are advised to check the List of Candidates whose admission have been nullified by Jamb here: or on www.aksu.ng before proceeding to take any action directed to the admitted students
+ FIRST WEEK SCHEDULE FOR NEWLY ADMITTED STUDENTS FOR THE FIRST SEMESTER OF 2015/2016 ACADEMIC SESSION.
Monday, February 22, 2016. Arrival of New Students
Tuesday, February 23, 2016. Registration of New Students begins
Wednesday, February 24, 2016. Senate Meeting
Thursday, February 25, 2016. Orientation of New Students begins
Saturday, February 27, 2016. End of Orientation for New Students
Sunday, February 28, 2016. Inter-Denominational Service
Monday, February 29, 2016. Arrival of Returning Students/ Lectures begins for New Students
*Schedule is to run co-currently in both Campuses
To the successfully admitted candidates, welcome once again to Akwa Ibom State University