1. The POST UTME exams to be written in the Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta is a Computer Based Test (CBT) has no past-questions except the questions prepared to prepare you ahead of the exam. Don’t ever pay anybody for past questions.
2. Your WAEC results also determine your chances to a greater extent since it is used in calculating your total marks for admission purposes.
3. Once you meet off the UTME cut off mark 180 (but not officially announced) and you meet the required POST UTME score for a pass which is 40%, be sure you will get a course to study; though if you do not perform excellently, you might not be given your desired course unless your course is not competitive but its applicable to only science students.
List of Competitive Courses in Funaab are:
1. All Engineering courses are competitive (The least competitive is Agricultural Engineering)
2. Almost all COLNAS (College of Natural Sciences ie COLPHY, COLBIO etc) Courses (Computer science, Microbiology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics.. Biology is the least competitive. )
3. COLERM Courses like Environmental management and toxicology & Wma.. Aqfm and Fwm are the least competitive.
4. Veterinary Medicine is very Competitive.
5. COLAMRUD courses like (Ae & Fm), (Ae & Rd) are a bit competitive.
6. COLFECH courses also are a bit competitive ( Food Science and Technology & Nutrition and Dietics. Hsm is the least competitive in the university).
7. In COLANIM Aph is very competitive the rest are not all that competitive except for Animal Breeding and Genetics.
8. Generally all COPLANT courses are not competitive..If you do not get your first choice of course, Coplant is more of the place you will find yourself in if your are not lucky with other departments.
1. What is the JAMB cut-off mark for FUNAAB?
The JAMB cut-off mark as of 2014/2015 session was 200 Jambite and 180 PRE-DEGREE
2. There was an error during my JAMB registration. What do I do?
If there was an error during your JAMB registration, you need to visit JAMB office in your state to rectify it. Once your JAMB form is filled and submitted, it CANNOT be edited online anymore except through JAMB office.
3. I did not choose the school in JAMB, can I still register for the post UTME?
If you did not pick FUNAAB in JAMB at all, you are not eligible to apply for the post UTME. Do not even try to obtain the form, because you will not be able to register due to the fact that your name will not be among the list of names forwarded to the school from JAMB.
4. What are the courses they offer and how many years is it?
The list of courses offered in FUNAAB can be seen here.You will need a pdf reader to view it.
*All Agric courses are 5 years.
*All engineering courses are 5 years.
*Vet medicine is 6 years.
*All Management courses (Econs, BEM, EPS, Acc) are 4 years.
*All Natural science courses are 4 years: mathematics, physics, chemistry, botany, zoology, microbiology, statistics, computer science, biochemistry.
*All other courses offered in FUNAAB are five (5) years except; Home Science Management and Nutrition and Dietetics.
5. How competitive is my desired course?
How competitive a course is can be determined by the number of applicants for the course. Which means the competitiveness varies annually. Some courses that usually receive 1000+ applicants yearly include: all commercial courses, engineering courses, biochemistry, Food Science and Technology. While the course with the lowest number (100) of applicants per year include all agric courses.
6. Is awaiting result accepted?
Yes, awaiting result is accepted. But you need to be careful, FUNAAB admission is usually around july/august which means that any result that is not ready by August is not advisable. For candidates that intends to use WAEC May/June, you are safe. But do not rely NECO because if you sat for NECO that year, your result will not be out by the time FUNAAB releases the admission list.
7. Is double (2) sitting accepted?
Of course, double sitting is accepted as long as the name on the 2 results is the same.
8. Can I combine WAEC & NECO?
Of course you can combine both as long as you’re the owner of the results and both results carry the same candidates name
9. Is NABTEB results accepted?
10. I had D7 in Biology, but C6 in Agricultural Science. Can Agric. Sc. be accepted in lieu of Biology?
Agricultural Science is not accepted instead of Biology. Once you do not have at least C6 in biology, you are not eligible for admission.
11. Do they consider non-indigenous applicants?
FUNAAB is a no catchment area school which means there are no indigenes. Everyone has equal chances.
12. When will the post UTME form be released?
The post UTME form is usually released between June and July. Just keep checking the school website as soon as JAMB cut-off has been announced or as from June.
13. How will I know when the post UTME form is out?
When the post UTME form is out, it will be stated boldly on the school website. Just keep checking here.
14. How do I get the post UTME form?
As new technologies arise regularly, so the method of applying for post UTME changes. But the latest method is that:
You will provide your name and JAMB reg. no. on the school website, then print an invoice.
You will take the invoice to the stated bank (any branch) and pay the specified amount.
You then go back to the portal where you printed that invoice.
If your payment has been confirmed, you will be able to proceed with your registration.
Nevertheless, make sure you check the school website then for the full procedure.
15. What if I made a mistake during the post UTME registration?
Mistakes made during post UTME registration can be corrected before the exam date by coming down to the school main campus and head to the ICT Centre (it is not free but less than 1000). So, while uploading your results, make sure you do not make a mistake. And make sure you cross-check your form well before clicking final submission.
16. How does the post UTME look like?
The post UTME is a Computer Based Test (CBT) just like JAMB UTME.50 questions, 25-30 minutes.
For science students, the 50 questions is made up of math., Eng., bio. Phy. & chm. The number of questions per subject varies.
For commercial students, the 50 questions is made up of just math., Eng. & Econs.
17. When will the post UTME results be released and how do I check it?
The post UTME results will be released latest a week after the exam.
Feel free to drop your comments.
Don’t forget to share this news with your friends using the Share buttons below….