JAMB 2019 UTME: How To Change Course & Institution Online; Uplifting news radiating from the Joint Admissions And Matriculation Board (JAMB) has it that the procedures of Change of Course and Institution for 2019 UTME candidates has been published.
Candidates who duly registered and participated in the 2018 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and wish to change his/her choice of university/ polytechnic/ college of education or course would now be able to do as such.
Reasons why you might need to change your Course or Insititution
After much findings, liveschoolnews.com.ng discovered that, there are noticeable reasons why a candidate may need to change his/her jamb choice of course or institution or both.
1. Due to Low UTME score
After the release of Jamb results, the next thing to face is post-UTME and admissions.
Now take for instance that someone applied for a federal university who will probably fix a cut-off mark of 200 and above. if such candidate scored less than 200, it simply means he/she has lost the admission. In this case the change of institution to a state-owned/private University becomes essential.
State universities generally fix cut-off marks below 200.
Also when a candidate chose a very competitive course like Law, Medicine and Surgery, Pharmacy, Engineering, etc.
Several courses have greater number of applicants than others and such courses invariably attract very high cut-off marks.
To avoid being left aside a candidate is advised to go for change of course within the same institution/faculty.
2. Incomplete O’level results
In this case candidates who may have ran into deficiency of required credit passes in some key/relevant subjects may decide to go for change of courses
3. Mistakes during registration
Candidates may have made a mistake while filling the registration form by either YOU or the business/cyber cafe, With this help, you can now correct any errors made during registration of your course or institution.
Here is a well ordered aides on the most proficient method to go about it as clarified by JAMB.
1. You shall be required to create a profile via the Sign Up (New User) Page if you are a new user. For existing users, simply type in your login details. To create your profile, you will provide your valid email address, surname, first name, Mobile No, State and LGA of Origin and password, then click on the Sign-Up button. Each candidate is entitled to only one profile.
2. Subsequently, you shall use your email address and password to sign in.
3. Once logged in, you will be taken to the landing page where you will see all available services.
4. Select “Correction of Data”. This is available on the side bar or on the Home page
5. Once selected, the menu item “Course/Institution” will be revealed.
6. Once you select this service, a Transaction ID is generated for this service. This will be displayed on the confirmation page screen.
7. Review the details displayed on the Confirmation Page. Also, note the Transaction ID displayed in a bold red font. The Transaction ID is useful for all future references concerning the Transaction. A copy of this transaction ID will be sent to your registered email address.
8. Click on the Continue button if you wish to pay with your card immediately. If you wish to use other payment channels like ATM, Cash at the Bank or Quickteller, please note the transaction ID as it will be required.
9. On the Interswitch Payment page, enter your card details and click on the Pay button.
10. The status of your payment will be displayed on the “My Payment Section” An SMS and email containing your unique Transaction Identification and payment status will be sent to you after payment. Click on the Continue button.
11. Once payment is completed, you will be asked to provide Year of Exam and JAMB Registration Number.
12. After entering the information correctly, new options for Preferred course/Institution and second choices will appear. Options available will be based on availability.
13. Click Submit to complete your application.
14. JAMB will now process your application. If Approved, your details will be changed as requested.