Authorities of Lagos State University has released new dress codes for all students on campus.
According to the Management of the institution, Students‟ dress should reflect high standards of personal self-image so that each student may share in promoting a positive, healthy and safe atmosphere within the University community.
Students who fail to abide by the dress code policy when advised by the school official shall be considered in violation of the Lagos State University Student Code of Conduct and will be subject to disciplinary action.
Speaking to liveschoolnews.org grapevine, the management of the institution said that lecturers have the right to refuse entrance to students dressed in any of the prohibited attire. Clothing and personal appearance should be neat, becoming and appropriate.
Below are the 18 kinds dressing/fashion style banned for Lagos State University Students
1) Transparent dresses, Mini and Skimpy Skirts/Dresses, Body Hugs, Spaghetti Wears, Mono Straps, Wicked Straps, Boob Tubes, Lacey Camisoles, Backless Tops, Cleavage Exposing Outfits, Low Neckline Shirts and Blouses and other wears revealing sensitive parts of the body.
2) Tattered, Dirty Jeans with holes and obscene or subliminal messages
3) Baggy, Saggy, and over length trousers.
4) Tight fittings e.g Leggings, Hipster, Patra, and
Lacra that reveals body shape and contours of the body.
5) T-Shirts and Tops with obscene, obnoxious or seductive inscription.
6) Chest, Bust, Belly, Backside, Arm, Thigh and Leg revealing outfits (Male & Female).
7) Wearing of loose tie, folding, holding and pocketing of tie Shirts without buttons, improperly buttoned, rolling of sleeves or flying of collar.
9) Face caps or complete covering of Face.
10) Piercing of body and tattooing.
11) Wearing of ear rings by male students.
12) Wearing of nose ring, very male students.
13) Wearing of bogus distractive knocking shoes like stiletto to lectures and the library.
14) Plaiting, wearing, bonding of hair by male students.
15) Farmer’s shorts, Knickers, Tight Shorts and Slacks are allowed only for sports
16) Slippers, bare foot and bare body are prohibited.
17) Lousy, unnatural/artificial hair attachment beyond shoulder length.
18) General unkempt appearance.
A second warning regarding any of these guidelines may result in suspension or other appropriate discipline.”
Don’t forget to share this news with your friends using the Share buttons below…