The school was established in July 1952 with the objective of training highly versatile professional nurses to meet the fundamental health needs in Nigeria as well as coping with emerging challenges in the international world.
The School of Nursing when founded in 1952 had a temporary site at Eleiyele in Ibadan. It was moved to the present location in 1957 after the openings of the 1st Nigerian University teaching Hospital in Ibadan.
At inception the school admitted 11 candidates for a training that spanned 3 ½ years.
The school admission rose to between 60 and 70 candidates per set and received two intakes annually, while the years of training was reduced to three. The number of intakes was later reduced to fifty with one intake per annum in line with the stipulations of the Nursing and Midwifery council of Nigeria.
Candidates should collect their letters of Interview from the Enquires Office on production of their
yellow photo cards.
Parents and surrogates will not be allowed to collect letters for their children/wards.
Please comply strictly with this directive.
Don’t forget to share this news with your friends using the Share buttons below…