The NYSC scheme was created in a bid to reconstruct, reconcile and rebuild the country after the Nigerian Civil war. The unfortunate antecedents in our national history gave impetus to the establishment of the National Youth Service Corps by decree No.24 of 22nd May 1973 which stated that the NYSC is being established “with a view to the proper encouragement and development of common ties among the youths of Nigeria and the promotion of national unity”.
The National Youth Service Corps Year comprises of four (4) main segments in which every Corps Members must satisfactorily participate before he/she is qualified to be issued a certificate of National Service. The service year therefore comprises of:
*.Community Development Service
*.Winding – Up/Passing –out
All SAOs, NYSC State Secretariats and the general public are hereby informed that the 2014 Batch A Time-table is out and is already.
Below is the time-table
S/N Event Date
1. Registration of Foreign-trained Nigerian Graduates 9th December, 2013 – 14th February, 2014
2. Submission of Masterlist. Screening/Vetting by Mobilization Officers.6th – 11th January, 2014
3. Coding by ICT Department.6th – 17th January, 2014
4Delivery of Preliminary Printouts to Mob Dept/CPIs 20th – 22nd January, 2014
5. Return of Corrected Printouts by Institutions to Mobilization Dept.29th – 31st January, 2014
6. Correction of errors and printing of call-up letters by ICT Dept.3rd – 23rd February, 2014
7. Sorting and Packaging of Call-up letters by ICT Dept.24th – 28th February, 2014.
8. Delivery of Call-up letters to Institutions / NYSC Secretariats3rd – 5th March, 2014
9. 2014 Batch ‘A’ Orientation Course11th March – 1st April, 2014
Don’t forget to share this news with your friends using the Share buttons below…
More from my site