Melancholy report reaching has it that, Four Nigerian students have been reported dead in Tbilisi,the Georgian capital on Wednesday, April 8, 2015 in what authorities suspect is a case from gas poisoning due to a faulty water heater in their apartment.

Three of the students attended Tbilisi State Medical University while one attended Georgia’s University.

Police say four Nigerian Students Found Dead In Their Apartment and according to sources,  gas poisoning is a leading theory in the investigation into their deaths.



According to friends of the deceased, they were worried after they had unusually not heard from them all day, which made them call the police who broke into the apartment.

Head of the International Affairs Department,Prof. Ia Avaliani and Head of the Overseas Students Educational Department,Prof. David Tophuria in a statement confirmed the death of the students.

“On behalf of Tbilisi State Medical University (TSMU) administration, we are sorry to inform You about the tragic death of four Nigerian students. They were found dead accidentally (most probable reason of their death is – intoxication with CO) in an apartment on Vazha-Pshavela Avenue in Tbilisi yesterday night, Wednesday, April 8th”,the statement said.

Stay updated with all Nigeria University news, Polytechnic news, Post-Utme, Jamb Results and more; Join/Like Us now on Facebook and twitter

Don’t forget to share this news with your friends using the Share buttons below…

About the author


Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.