THE leadership of Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) is to meet with President Goodluck Jonathan again to further thrash out some controversial areas on the implementation of the contentious 2009 agreement.

This was part of the resolution of the two-day National Executive Council Meeting (NEC) of the union that ended on Saturday in Kano.

Liveschoolnews reliably gathered that ASUU resolved to meet with Jonathan before announcing the suspension of the over four months strike.

ASUU had postponed its NEC meeting to deliberate on the offers by President Jonathan following the death of Professor Festus Iyayi in an auto crash on the way to Kano for the meeting.

It was, however, reported that the NEC meeting was held at the weekend at an undisclosed venue, away from the ASUU secretariat, in Kano.

A source close to the meeting said, “ASUU has decided to meet with President Jonathan before making public whatever decision they took during the meeting. It also gathered that 60 per cent of the members wanted the strike called off while the remaining 40 per cent wanted it to continue.”

Stay updated with all Nigeria University news, Polytechnic news, Post-Utme and more; Join/Like Us now on Facebook and twitter

Don’t forget to share this news with your friends using the Share buttons below…

About the author


Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.