This is to inform the general public that application are open to suitable qualified candidates for admission into post Graduate programmes in the 2012/2013 University of calabar academic year leading to the award of Postgraduate Diploma, Masters, MPhil and Doctor of Philosophy Degrees of the University of Calabar.
• Courses may be offered full-time or part-time.
All programmes begin with coursework and end with a project for Graduate Diploma,MBA,MPA and MPAS or thesis for Masters and Ph.D degrees.
• For full-time studies in most programmes, the postgraduate diploma lasts for one calendar year,the Masters degrees last for 2 years and the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) programmes extend over a minimum of 3 years.
• Part-time programmes take a much longer time. Candidates with Masters degree from recognized universities may credit the relevant courses towards the Ph.D programme, provided the quality of the grade is acceptable to the Graduate School.
• Candidates are required to have a minimum CGPA of 3.0 on a 5-point scale and 2.75 on 4-point scale for Masters programmes and 4.00 on a 5-point scale and 3.00 on a 4-point scale for Ph.D programmes.
Note: Filling of forms – Surname first,First name next, Middle name last . All PGD programmes are run on full time basis. There will be no changes made after submission of application forms online.
Therefore candidate must think through before submission as anychange will attract a fee.
This is to prevent multiple applications. The titles Mr, Miss or Mrs may be used but not Rev, (Dr), Chief, etc. Programmes applied for should be M.A, M.Ed, Msc.Ed M.Sc, Ph.D, MPhil/Ph.D, PGDE, PGDEE, PGDPA, PGDM, PGD, etc.
SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR MPhil/Ph.D CANDIDATES
• The MPhil/Ph.D option is available for all programmes.
Candidates may be admitted into the MPhil/PhD programme in exceptional circumstances where the CGPA in the Masters degree is lower than the minimum required B(60%) average or 4.00 on a 5-point scale.
• This should however not fall below 55% average or 3.5 on a 5 point scale. The MPhil/Ph.D option will alsobe available to candidates interested in pursuing PhD programmes in fields different from but relevant to that in which they obtained their Masters degree.
A terminal MPhil degree will be awarded if the candidate fails to make the minimum required to transit to the Ph.D programme.
UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR POSTGRADUATE APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Candidates should endeavor to check the courses available for study by CLICKING HERE
• Candidates are expected to make anon refundable payment of N10,000 by Cash Chanel at anybranch of the under-listed banks nationwide.
• A printout will be issued at the bank with a Confirmation Order number. Candidates would thenenter their Confirmation Order number and their mobile phone numbers on the website to access the form. Follow the steps by providing your data as prompted andensure that your form is submitted.
• YOU ARE TO PRINT OUT A COPY OF YOUR FORM AND CONCEPT NOTE, BY CLICKING ON PRINT button after submission.
Please bring a copy of the printed form to the venue on the day of the screening.
• To purchase the card for the registration, walk into any branch of Zenith Bank plc, First Bank Plc or Enterprise Bank plc and Make a payment of N10,000 and obtain the payment slip.
• Go to the school website http://www.unicalpg.org and Logon with the generated pin on the payment slip to fill the Post Graduateform. After your purchase, you can fillin your online application by visiting http://unicalpg.org/
As part of the application, candidates are expected to submit a CONCEPT NOTE of 3 pages maximum for PH.D programmes and a one and half page maximum for masters programme.
The Concept note will be typed online in a space provided in the form and printed out for submission to the department.
The concept note is a MINI RESEARCH summary on what candidates intend to research on when admitted.
It has to cover the following;
– Statement of problems
– Relevance of study to self and society
– Objectives and aims of study
– Literature review
Candidates are to ensure that their academic transcripts are forwarded by their previous institutions to the Secretary, Graduate School, University of Calabar, P.M.B. 1115, Calabar, Cross River State , on or before deadline indicated below.
All candidates are also expected to take part in the Admission screening exercise which will take place on Saturday, 17 November, 2012 as follows:
Part A – Written (Use of English Language and General Knowledge);
Part B – Oral interview in the respective Departments (based on subject area).
The website for admission application will shut down on Saturday, 3 November, 2012.
For more help, contact 08068400133, 08098957263, 08030947617and for issues with online form contact 07056693127, 08035191335, 07056693126
Dont forget to share this information to your friends by clicking the share buttons.
More from my site