Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into various Postgraduate degree programmes of the University of Lagos for the 2013/2014 session.
ELIGIBILITY FOR POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMAS / MASTERS BY COURSEWORK
An applicant for admission to a programme shall be:
1. A holder of an honours degree of this University or any other recognized Institution;
2. A person who holds other qualification(s) recognized by senate of the University of Lagos;
3. In addition to (i) and (ii) above, an applicant may be required, as a condition for admission, to undergo a selection process in the form of written and/or oral examinations.
GENERAL NOTICE 1.
(i) Candidates who have not completed the National Youth Service Corps assignments or their current Postgraduate programme need not apply. Such applicants will be automatically disqualified.
2. Candidates awaiting Bachelor’s degree results need not apply.
3. A holder of Degree obtained from an Outreach/Satellite are not eligible to apply.
4. All academic transcripts must reach the Deputy Registrar/Administrative Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies on or before the start of the session admission is being sought.
Some departments have specific requirements for admission. Click on any of the below links to view the requirements for your programme of choice.
ELIGIBILITY FOR M.PHIL / PH.D PROGRAMME
Masters of Philosophy (M.Phil)
To qualify for admission to the above programme:
(i) A candidate who has a Bachelor’s degree from this University or other University recognized by theUniversity of Lagos Senate with at least a Second Class (Upper Division), or a Master’s degree may be admitted for the degree of aMasters of Philosophy.
(ii) The candidate with a Master’s degree must have a CGPA of at least 2.50 in the grading system in use before 1990/1991 and at least 3.50 in the grading system after the 1990/1991 session.
(iii) Candidates should note that admission to the M.Phil/P.hD. programmes is subject to availability of supervisors
(iv) The candidate may be required to undergo a selection process as may be determined by the department.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
(i) A graduate of this University or any other University recognized by theUniversity of Lagos Senate who has obtained the degree of Masters of Philosophy may be admittedas a candidate for the Doctor of Philosophy.
(ii) Or a graduate of this University or other recognised University who has obtained an appropriateMasters degree by coursework with a CGPA of at least 2.79 in the grading system in use before 1990/91 or at least, 4.0 in the grading system after the 1990/1991 session.
(iii) For M. Phil and Ph.D. programmes only, admission shall be processed at the beginning of each semester.
(iv) Candidates must clear with the respective Departments as to the availability of vacancies/supervisors before applying.
(v) All candidates may be required to undergo a selection process as may be determined by the department.
For M. Phil and Ph.D. programmes only, admission shall be processed at the beginning of each semester.
ALL CANDIDATES FOR M. Phil./Ph.D. ADMISSIONS ARE TO PROVIDE TRANSCRIPTS OF THEIR MASTERS’ DEGREES OR FORMAL EVIDENCE OF PERFORMANCE AT MASTER’S LEVEL.
Some departments have specific requirements for admission. Click on the below link to view the requirements for your programme of choice.
Guidelines For Filling The Application Form
1. Provide the details in the fields below to obtain a Payment Reference Number. (You will receive an email voucher in the email account provided)
2. Print the email voucher and take it to any branch ofthe designated banks stated below:
1. Ecobank Plc : All branches ofEcobank Nationwide.
2. Guaranty Trust Bank Plc : Allbranches of Guaranty Trust Bank Nationwide.(and internet banking platform)
3. WEMA Bank Plc : All branches of Wema Bank Nationwide.
4. Zenith Bank Plc : All branches of Zenith Bank Nationwide.
3. Pay the sum of N22,500.00 (Twenty Two Thousand andFive Hundred Naira) for the Form, the SPGS Abridged Prospectus and bank charges.
4. After payment, return to School of Postgraduate Studies website www.unilagspgs.edu.ng, click the 2013/2014 Application link, then Application Form link, login with Payment Reference Number as username and provide surname in lowercase as password.
5. Click the Edit Application form link to fill the Application form and upload digital passport photograph (jpeg format) which should not be more than 15 kb in size and mustbe in white background. The acceptable dimension is width: 275 pixels or 35mm, height: 314 pixels or 40mm. (Failure to comply with specified image format may lead to disqualification.)
6. Click “SUBMIT FORM” button if the information is correct, else, click DECLINE button. After submission, applicants will be required to print the completed Application Form and Acknowledgement Slip.
Printed copies of the Application Form along with credentials are to be submitted in the respective Departments.
7. Candidates are also required to LAMINATE their Acknowledgment Slip, this will be required for presentation at the entrance examination.
*. Please note that if payment is not made after five (5) days of filling the pre-application form the application form would be deleted
*. All academic transcripts must reach the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies on or before the beginning of registration.
Original Certificates/Transcripts must be presented during registration exercise.
*. All M.Phil/Ph.D. candidates must contact the Department for availabilityof Supervisors/vacancies.
*. Deferment is not encouraged.
*. Part-payment of Tuition/Obligatory Fees is not allowed.
Don’t forget to share this news with your friends using the Share buttons below…
More from my site